Vacancy for dean at the faculty of Design Sciences at the university of Antwerp
Year after year, prescription the University of Antwerp has the privilege of welcoming ever more students. This is no coincidence. Innovative instruction, order ground-breaking research and excellent guidance: students and researchers consciously choose the University of Antwerp for these reasons. Each day, our 5 000 employees go to great lengths to achieve them. We are constantly looking for colleagues who are ready to join us in our university and help us contribute to our mission.
The Faculty of Design Sciences is looking for
a full time Dean
- You are in charge of the academic and day-to-day management of the faculty.
- You represent the faculty within and without the university.
- You lead the faculty in its further academic development.
- You have the final responsibility for the education policy of the faculty. You play a leading role in structuring the different educational processes.
- You bear the ultimate responsibility for the research policy of the faculty. You are responsible for the enhancement and development of research in general and of doctoral research in particular. You facilitate the acquisition and management of external funding.
- You facilitate internal and external processes of scientific and social services.
- You act as a people manager for the faculty academic staff. You implement an HR policy that focuses on the integrating of all staff members within the faculty and the university.
- You supervise the administrative and organizational processes, policies and operations of the faculty.
- You supervise the financial and HR management for the administrative staff.
Profile and requirements
- Your research activities relate to the existing fields within the faculty.
- Your curriculum vitae demonstrates groundbreaking, innovative and internationally recognized research contribution to your field, in principle, with a PhD.
- Professional experience in one of the three fields of the faculty can distinguish you from other candidates.
- The focus in your teaching and in your research activities corresponds to theeducational and scientific vision of the university and is reflected in your vision.
- You are familiar with the different professionals domains.
- You are familiar with the teaching models specifically used at a faculty of design sciences.
- You have strong and proven leadership skills, particularly in the areas of people management, change management, financial management and reputation management.
- You can inspire and coach staff, you are strong in managing their development.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You can meet the statutory language requirements for both the knowledge of the teaching language and the administrative language, Dutch. The University of Antwerp provides you with the necessary support.